If you’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Combination Sleepers With Back Pain
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Combination Sleepers With Back Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for several months by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Combination Sleepers With Back Pain