If you’re looking of a mattress, but don’t know where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Cold Sleepers
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling differs widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Cold Sleepers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress a few months by using the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Cold Sleepers