So you’re in the market for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be capable of finding a bed that works for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfortable layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for many of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the top air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress a few months by putting on an mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Cervical Degenerative Disc Disease