So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Bunk Beds
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find a bed that works for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Bunk Beds FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress several months by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate a lot of pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Bunk Beds