So you’re in the market of a mattress, but don’t know where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Body Type
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select the beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam coated by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. It is also made of a phase change material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up the sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body check out our website to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Body Type FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Body Type