So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Body Pain
Keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain with a significant quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. You should also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to help you with the move into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Body Pain FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Body Pain