So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to start. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Body Aches
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling differs widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Body Aches FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Body Aches