If you’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Bigger Guys
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the right bed for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. This shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep positions, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Bigger Guys FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for several months by using an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Bigger Guys