So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Big Person
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
At the same time the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out until the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by the “Ghost Ice” cover on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Big Person FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Big Person