So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Big Guys
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure and makes it a fantastic option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, similar to latex in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. The Bear a great fit for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a squeeze from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type and age, sleeping positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Big Guys FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the life of a mattress several months by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Big Guys