So you’re in the market of a mattress, but have no idea where to start. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Big Couples
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you a little bit about how we came to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing enough support for two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end alternatives in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples and mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples might be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Big Couples FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by using the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Big Couples