You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Belly Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress listed here is rated 4 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, providing enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up on the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Belly Sleepers FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Belly Sleepers