If you’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Bad Knees
Remember that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is well-known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on the top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Bad Knees FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Bad Knees