If you’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Bad Back Reviews Uk
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also factor in brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers will be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure, making it a great choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might need to put a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep position, and managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type go to our site for best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Bad Back Reviews Uk FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for some time by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Bad Back Reviews Uk