If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Bad Back Ireland
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to get not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share some details about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies give off more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition they’ll receive a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a popular kind of all-foam mattress which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds with impressive edges, cool options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Bad Back Ireland FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your own budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by using an mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to look over the warranty. It will give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger choice, look through our list of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Bad Back Ireland