You’re looking of a mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Bad Back And Knees
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the entire structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that can help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality options in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Find the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! The top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial to keep the temperature low at night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type check out our website for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for some examples and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Bad Back And Knees FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by using an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Bad Back And Knees