You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but aren’t sure where to start. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things from a bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a super-soft bed you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for their “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers throughout the night! The top adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is essential for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edges, cool features as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress several months by using the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for their back. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back