So you’re in the market for a new mattress but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back Surgery Patients
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem with memory foam and poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. In addition they’ll feel a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that will help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based upon body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! A few of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Surgery Patients FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by adding a mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive range, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Surgery Patients