You’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Back Support
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper you’ll be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam filled with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid with recovery. The Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of a Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand then you might want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling differs widely. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper all night! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that offers additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Back Support FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will give you a good idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the back pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider range, look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Support