So you’re in the market for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back Support And Comfort
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the process we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for them. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support which allows you to spread to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with Bear Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Check out the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our best mattresses under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select a mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Back Support And Comfort FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress some time by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Support And Comfort