If you’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Back Problems
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab. We’ve put each one through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Outside of the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the cushion of comfort.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built in coil systems to provide support. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Take a look at the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 or the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the top soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples may take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Problems FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger choice, check out our roundup of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Problems