You’re looking of a mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Problems Reviews
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top picks. Our hope is that most folks should be able to get not only”the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to choose them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, running every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of costly models, but for an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most well-known brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can check out more of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of luxurious mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off much more heat to the body than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in the comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and any of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. In addition, they’ll get a little squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to assist you in the move into your home (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattress for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own requirements for sleep, as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Problems Reviews FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress that is old for some time by using the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of the length it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Problems Reviews