So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Winkbed
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while presenting our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just”the “best” mattress however, but one that is the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at night, especially if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, providing enough support for two persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is made of 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the region) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam that is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on many their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel up the top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers all night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest one of the following: Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features as well as other features that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Winkbed FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by adding an mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Winkbed