If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Side Sleeper
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from their bed, so what works for one person will not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? You can get a much cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with the cushion of comfort foam coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine neutral alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and as an added feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the top adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is essential for keeping the temperature at a minimum at night.
- Here are my top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Side Sleeper FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of how long it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Side Sleeper