You’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Side Sleeper 2021
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our goal is that all people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the in-depth details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, running every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of the more costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or the other are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is essential for side sleepers because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide enough support for two people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For instance the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic option for couples. If anyone is in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All models have strong edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in the move into your house (and possibly setup) once it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so solid that it can be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position for the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel on top. These features should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Check out the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their feeling is different. Find the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote airflow, which is important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples might consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Side Sleeper 2021 FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night as well as help ease a lot of pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Side Sleeper 2021