So you’re in the market to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Reviews
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of different categories when making our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to discover not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with the comfort layer of memory foam coated by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination consisting of poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. The mattress has cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and allow you to get some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for a mixture of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who will feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my recommendations based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our best mattresses under $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest a Latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that offers extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples and beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples could take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Reviews FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to check the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Reviews