You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to begin. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Relief
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Back and stomach sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to fall over or make you fall over. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread until the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, and so does a cover of breathable, lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat as the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may prefer a fitted sheet on your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only option that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel, and are suitable for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy typically like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to support the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- You can see my favorite air-conditioned beds in our list of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed that offers additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Relief FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive selection, they can always go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Relief