You’re looking for a new mattress, but have no idea where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain No Memory Foam
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to discover not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score in accordance with the material, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feel that should be an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers will be the most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any model, because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed outstanding edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it results in fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. Although this can cause some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Find a better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their needs. All of the options have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit more body heat than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more), then you need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at their lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has the “Ghost Ice” cover for many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it is a little slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide the perfect blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might like the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type and age, sleeping position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the best memory foam mattress to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about the best pain management options.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to review of the best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options as well as other features that couples could take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain No Memory Foam FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress a few months by adding the mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain No Memory Foam