So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Nectar
Keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses. We’ve put each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here has an overall score of 4/5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to quickly change positions on any of the models thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress game due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a serious comfort punch without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the mattress, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market of a mattress that’s super soft you should look into the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft and Firm version, so most couples should be able to find the right bed for them. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature model, which features a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above), then you need a mattress that’s going to adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread until the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the area) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also receive a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re ready to curl in your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, so you may prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great alternative. It blends soft top foams and sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added feature, it features a thin layer of cooling gel up top. These features should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are made to keep the user at a comfortable temperature, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort that we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support on the edges of the bed as well as the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually are firm and bouncy in feel that is ideal for back, stomach and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Check out the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The top adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with an innerspring, mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific requirements for sleep, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Nectar FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress several months by adding a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Nectar