If you’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Hard Or Soft
Keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab, putting every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either or both of you is a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most recognizable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built by using 5″ of luxurious gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. Each of them has strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when choosing a new mattress, as two bodies produce more body heat than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the end to the edge of your bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the area) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also get a little more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain in low back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of a tandem consisting of poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
First, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
For feel in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good option. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. These features should help you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Check out our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that supports both sides of the bed as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you were looking for then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in a mattress that is medium-firm. You can find high-end choices in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They make use of layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Take a look at the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed using green Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper all night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edge support, cooling options and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex are able to check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Hard Or Soft FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of a mattress a few months by using the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check the warranty. It will give you an idea of the length it will last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate a lot of discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Hard Or Soft