You’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Good Housekeeping
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when we made our top picks. We hope that the majority of people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent out of them, we considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need to worry about sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website that takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of movement across the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks looking for a firm and supportive mattress. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. There are studies that show it can also improve blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re ready to curl up with Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at low back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot seeking a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has the gel memory foam which is, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known by its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material that helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a healthy position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so solid that it can be a good alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure while your hips still feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you were looking for it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on your body type and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned to their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price, take a look at the most comfortable mattresses available for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page to find the top mattresses designed for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to select one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples may be thinking about.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Good Housekeeping FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for some time by adding the mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to look over the warranty. It can also give you an idea of the length it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Good Housekeeping