You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So , what’s the ideal mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain For Side Sleepers
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the process we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each bed an overall rating based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the top among the top, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel that should be a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid, there’s a layer of pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush mattress made of gel. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model, so most couples should be in a position to find the bed that is right for their needs. Each of them has solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear is a good choice for those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable aspect of Celliant. There are studies that show it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our most affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll feel a squeeze by the foam memory.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat like the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam that as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers a combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a plus for sex).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from pressure and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that the comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based on body type as well as age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combo sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these beds. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! Some of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price, take a look at the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest these sleepers take a glance at most comfortable mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex can look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain For Side Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. It is also possible to extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is best for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses listed on this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider choice, check out our roundup of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain For Side Sleepers