So you’re in the market for a new mattress but aren’t sure what to look for. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Couples
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We have a variety of different categories when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about how we came to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider the performance of the brand, like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that won’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be suitable for all types of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm), which makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. It even has an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most well-known names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep on the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams, providing sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to get some quality Zzz’s. For example the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1,000 for a Queen after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling latex-like foam in the cushion layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that allow for lots of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread all the way to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam coated with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in recovering. This makes the Bear a great fit for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that as well as being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority their mattresses. It is also made of the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples due to its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position for Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very at ease sleeping on your back. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips still are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy and, as an additional bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they get that mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support both sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort varies widely. Find the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of best air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease different types of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our roundup of top mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure that they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex are able to look through our guide to beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Couples FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your personal budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by using a mattress protector.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s essential to take a look at its warranty. This will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back discomfort?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for them. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight during the night as well as help ease some of the back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider choice, look through our list of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. A majority of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for side sleepers particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Couples