If you’re looking of a mattress, but have no idea what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain Back Sleeper
Remember that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person may not work for another.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. Our hope is that most folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or above. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for a more affordable price. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel that should be suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers will appreciate more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress outstanding edge support. You’ll be able to sit on or sleep close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or the other are the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now one of the most recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious relaxation punch, without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with your partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every twist and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, similar to latex in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, which allows you to spread until the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides soft pressure relief thanks to its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little bit of contouring from a comfortable layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that combines a tandem consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll feel a touch of comfort due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from the sleeper.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy as a brand GhostBed is known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material, it helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy this GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine in a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel on top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out that this is a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling that memory foam provides. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with moderate firmness, such as the ones in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of foam and coil support and their comfort is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are favored type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Take a look at the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Check out the most popular latex mattresses for more information on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be essential for keeping a low temperature during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with extra support to prevent the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the best mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but they are also gentle on joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to discover a feeling that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain Back Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available at all price points! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress some time by adding an mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty. This will give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain discover that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease a lot of back pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive choice, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they generally prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses in this list will be an ideal fit for side sleepers, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain Back Sleeper