So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to start. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain And Snoring
Keep in mind that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of categories in mind when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk a little bit about how we came to choose these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score according to the materials used and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress listed here has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality mattress materials that don’t break down too quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. It even has an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a moderately firm mattress that gives a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide enough support for two people. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts The memory foam bed is built with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. All of the options have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every toss and turn.
Couples should also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce more body heat than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of a naturally cooling, similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This will help those who sleep more maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also get a little shape from a cushion of comfort foam infused with graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does the covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re ready to curl in Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist you in getting it in your house (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. The mattress has cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the person sleeping and is cool to the skin. It also has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover for the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine in a balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very comfortable lying on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips still feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly airy, and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up over the top. All of these features will help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific mattress guides. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body and age, sleeping posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Learn more about why that’s essential in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with moderate firmness, such as those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They often feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a well-known type of all-foam mattress , which offers a wide range of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people often like these mattresses. Check out the most popular latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! A few of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the top pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than $1,000 as well as the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase airflow, which is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lbs) typically find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at best soft mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress that suits your body check out our website for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional feeling mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for seniors to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain And Snoring FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your personal budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by putting on a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for them. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight during the night and can ease many of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, check out our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain And Snoring