You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain And Sciatica
Keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of different categories when making our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list has an overall score of 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and top-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is a good fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers you’ll be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with a partner, you may sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you are a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website and take their body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. It’s also possible to look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is constructed of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath the back, which will appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model and most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have strong edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit more body heat than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative design that incorporates springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. There are studies that show it also promotes blood flow, which could help in recovering. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up with the Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require a lot of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam, with pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat as traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you do end up opting for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will help to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. The mattress has cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleeping.
First, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. Also made with the Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable in the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely airy and as an added touch, it has a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a responsive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is comprised of not just only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up the sides of the mattress, as well as the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon your body type and age, sleeping posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips in alignment to their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are easy to move around and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most popular kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the best mattress made of memory foam to know more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers overnight! The best adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be essential to keep the temperature low in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lbs) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend those who sleep light to glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick the best mattress for your body type check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattress for older people to discover a feeling that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples and mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex are able to browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain And Sciatica FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is typically considered one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of an old mattress for a few months by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
Many people suffering from back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight and can ease some of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger range, go through our selection of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers particularly Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain And Sciatica