You’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain And Keeping Cool
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from a bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we have a variety of subjects in our mind while making our top picks. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of the method we used to select these beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab, running each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. We then give each mattress an overall score in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also factor in the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of the more costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is a good fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models. While side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly shift positions with any of the models, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with outstanding edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with a partner, you may be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known brands in the mattress market because of its customization. Customers can take a sleep quiz on the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam can withstand a great deal of movement across the structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft and would like to know more about this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in a Medium, Soft and Firm option, so most couples should be in a position to find a bed that works for them. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings on to customers. This is what makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, though one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is available in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in a stronger edge support, allowing you to spread out to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a more contouring with the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This makes the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can increase blood flow and might help with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for anyone who is active.
If you’re eager to curl up with your Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses a tandem of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. In addition they’ll receive a squeeze due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a hefty bed, so it might be beneficial to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are in search of a bed that can help cool you down at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has an underlying layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature: As a brand, GhostBed is known by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material that helps with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might prefer an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is robust that it could be an ideal option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into the bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will be comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely airy, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel on the top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s on the soft side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort that you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my recommendations based on body type as well as age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain straight, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a cushioned mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeping person. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different types of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under $1,000 or the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest a latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be crucial for keeping a low temperature at night.
- My top breathable beds in our roundup of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) will often discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest for these sleepers to take a glance at top soft mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) need a bed with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick the right mattress for your body type, visit our page to find the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older people to discover a feeling that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) it is essential to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and mattresses that offer exceptional edges, cool options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain And Keeping Cool FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses to be found in every price range! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress at least each 7-10 years. However, a mattress can fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for some time by putting on the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. This type of bed will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider selection, they can always go through our selection of the most comfortable sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain And Keeping Cool