You’re looking for a new mattress but have no idea where to begin. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain And Headaches
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of categories in mind when making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds We’d like to talk an overview of how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Every mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but for lower costs. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features an innerspring-like feel that should be an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination, they’ll likely be able to quickly switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit near the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or both of you are the type of sleeper who is light.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz via the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, which is a moderately firm mattress that gives an enveloping feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is vital for people who sleep on their side because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two people. While this also results in a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with more foam layer. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the hips and shoulders.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the entire structure which makes it an ideal choice for couples. If anyone is in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional alarms.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much cheaper deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for them. Each of them has strong edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples must also consider cooling when shopping for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this isn’t a problem with the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 pounds and above) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread to the very end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness, the Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure at their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses the combination with memory foam and poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. While at the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in the move into your home (and perhaps setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper seeking a bed that will keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has the gel memory foam which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is well-known as the brand that has their “Ghost Ice” cover on the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material, it helps the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of feel in terms of feel, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a combination of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams with supportive steel coilsthat helps keep your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into your bed and allow you to get some relief from the pressure, while your hips feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel up top. All of these traits should aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a receptive bed and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to consider a different bed.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of comfort and support. Overall, we’d say it’s a bit soft with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the mattress, as well as the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a cushioned mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to those in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam that cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most popular type of all-foam mattress that offers a wide range of body-contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the top air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with one of the following: Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is essential to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress with additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress that is suitable for your body check out our website to find the the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for older adults to find one that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a companion (or pet! ) It is important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for some examples including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples could consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain And Headaches FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is usually considered to be one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of a mattress a few months by using an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty. This will also provide you with an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. With that in mind, they’re better off using a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list that include they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the best mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the opposite side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain And Headaches