You’re looking for a new mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are many options available at brick and mortar establishments however, there are hundreds of others circulating in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Pain And Arthritis
Remember that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
This is why we kept a wide range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share some details about how we came to select them.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer with seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in quality of the mattress with categories such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must look for a bed that checks all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of costly models, but at lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury or Firm models, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one or both of you are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid that has a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide enough support for two persons. While this also results in the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to get some quality Zzz’s. As an example the Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant quality of sleep without spending a lot of money.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. You should also feel immense pressure relief and soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below the back, which will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for their needs. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from being a victim of your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should consider cooling when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. But this shouldn’t be a problem on the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. It also has a hybrid design with springs that can accommodate a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings to the consumer. This makes the Signature (and all of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfort layer of memory foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in Bear Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned and also get the pressure relief to prevent pain in their lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation consisting of poly foam, and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the bed. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night The GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the feel. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous as the brand that has its “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and the bounce (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so robust that it could be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and give you some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable on the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on over the top. These features should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to consider a different bed.
Think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example, moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is composed of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are made to keep the user cool, with the former being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may like the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able to stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Check out our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that will keep their hips in alignment in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based upon coils to support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel differs widely. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They employ layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeper. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring as well as pressure relieving. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination often like these beds. Take a look at the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest looking into the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about the best pain management options.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under $1,000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I would suggest you go with a mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our roundup of the most comfortable mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are the most important considerations. To find out how to pick the right mattress that is suitable for your body go to our site for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies with specific sleeping needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleeping needs as well! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to choose a mattress that features low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas including beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Pain And Arthritis FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. But, mattresses can be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it will last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back stiffness?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list it’s the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses on this list should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Pain And Arthritis