You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Neck And Hip Pain
Well, keep in mind that the term “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what’s best for one person may not work for another.
We have a variety of subjects in our mind while we made our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able find not just an “best” mattress however, but one that is most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, running every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also take into account brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into account. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4/5 or more. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, it’s important to look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality mattress materials that don’t fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those expensive models, but at a more affordable price. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which increases its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While side sleepers should enjoy the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to easily change positions on any model, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only downside to this springy mattress is the fact that it results in fairly high motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at night, especially if one or the other is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made with Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side is likely to be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re convinced by Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you have to spend a fortune to get a good night’s Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a serious quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar has enough support in the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the mattress and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies give off greater body temperature than one. But this isn’t a problem with the Signature mattress, which is made of an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings on to customers. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, though one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread all the way to the very end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, based on the location) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly in your back.
Apart from the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam in the middle, topped by a thinner layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from the cushion of comfort foam filled with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only notable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl in the Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain in their lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam with pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll feel a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with cooling gel in the form of an infusion that prevents it from absorbing heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make space for a lot of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it may be a good idea to assist you in getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that helps draw your body’s warmth away from sleeping.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which as well as being cool, provides plenty of comfort and relief from pain.
Another notable cooling characteristic: As a brand, GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material, it helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs a balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and give you some relief from pressure while your hips still feel supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable, and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a receptive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the quicksand feel, you may want to reconsider your options.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders slide into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that is used to support on the edges of the bed, and also the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type, age, sleep posture, the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points in their hips and shoulders. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal balance of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers need a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and combo sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Heavy people and sleepers in combination typically like these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of best air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that could help with several different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our top mattresses for under $1000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important for keeping a low temperature in the night.
- My top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a look at the best soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over lb) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type check out our website to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older people to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleeping needs too! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a spouse (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses to get some ideas and beds with impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples may consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should check out our guide for beds that are supple and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Neck And Hip Pain FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are a variety of great mattresses available in every price range! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress some time by adding a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease some of the discomfort. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re best off with a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses on this list it’s they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Neck And Hip Pain