If you’re looking to buy a brand new bed, but have no idea what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the world of online bed-in-a box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back Arthritis
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
We kept a wide range of subjects in our mind while making our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you a little bit about the method we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses in our mattress lab. We’ve put every mattress through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer with a seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score based on materials as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also take into account the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress in this list is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should choose a mattress that checks all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and high-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more expensive models, but at lower costs. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to change positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have the worry of sleeping near toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become among the top notable names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper is likely to be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams that provide sufficient support to accommodate two persons. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, I’d recommend checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with additional foam layers. You can also take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For instance, it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under 1,000 for a queen bed after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This provides ample comfort and a deep body contour that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and are likely to appreciate the moderate firmness of the mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion throughout the structure and makes it a fantastic choice for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, with additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Get an even cheaper bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their needs. Each of them has sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has the naturally cooling similar to latex in the cushion layer. It also has an innovative hybrid design, with springs that allow for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the products from the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, permitting you to spread to the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, depending on the location) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made from eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for a ton of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear should appeal to folks in search of a firm and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam filled by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for those who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle in the Bear, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud be aware that it’s a hefty mattress, and it could be a good idea to help you with moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the one for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from the sleeper.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also has a layer of gel memory foam, which is, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for their “Ghost Ice” cover on some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from a phase change material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it is a little slippery, which is why you may prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed that keeps everything neat and secure.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers a balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent alternative. It combines soft top foams and supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine in a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be at ease sleeping on your back. Your shoulders should sink into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should feel comfortable with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of something called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable, and as an added touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. So if you’re a fan of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide the perfect blend of comfort and support. In general, we’d say it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only get that mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam that supports the sides of the bed, as well as the middle. This means that you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move around on and switch positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based on coil support systems. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for stomach, back, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are popular type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to learn more about these mattresses.
- Latex mattresses are usually made with eco-friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these beds. Look over the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the top adjustable beds are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our roundup of best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or best mattresses for sciatica articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price check out the top mattresses for your money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, see our best mattresses under $1000 and the most affordable mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for one of the following: latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage airflow, which is important for keeping the temperature at a minimum during the night.
- My top mattresses that breathe in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 pounds) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type, visit our page for the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific sleep needs! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattress for seniors to find one that works for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have unique requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the top couples’ mattresses for some examples, as well as beds with impressive Edge support and cooling options and other requirements that couples might be thinking about.
- Couples in search of the best mattresses for sex can browse our list of beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back Arthritis FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this, so it’s important to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for them. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night and can ease many of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. If they want a wider range, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. A majority of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping especially the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Arthritis