You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. There are plenty of options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more swirling in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back And Stomach Sleepers
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” is somewhat subjective. Different types of sleepers require different features from their bed, so what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each of these beds we’d like to tell you an overview of how we came to select the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products in our mattress lab, running each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give every bed an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also take into account the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or higher. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
If you’re looking for a luxurious mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has an innerspring-like feel that should be a good fit for all types of sleepers. It is also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury or Firm models while side sleepers should enjoy using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for those who sleep heavier.
Another benefit of the Saatva mattress is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s about to fall down or cause you to slide off. The only issue with this springy mattress is the fact that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, which means that if you sleep with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) are an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely well-known names in the mattress game due to its customizable. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into consideration , so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, a moderately firm mattress that gives the feeling of a hug. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders. This is vital for people who sleep on their side because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams that provide adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re convinced by the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean that you need to shell out a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This allows for ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below for those who sleep on their backs, and should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion throughout the mattress which makes it an ideal pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, with additional features and bells.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolationthat keeps you from feeling your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when choosing an appropriate mattress, because two bodies emit greater body temperature than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has a naturally cooling, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another feature that will appeal to lovebirds are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam), which makes it a great mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread all the way to the edge in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support from its coil-like support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the region) to help you alleviate aches and pains, especially in your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. There’s a breathable cover made from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils permit an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature all night long.
Does this sound like the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density support foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be more than enough support here for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material known as Celliant.
However, cooling isn’t the only noticeable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid with recovery. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on Bear Bear, get our top bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure in their lower back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a little more firm than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top mattress. In addition, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam does. And the bed’s coils make room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) when it arrives.
Sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws the body’s heat from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of comfort and relief from pain.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is famous by their “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on some mattress models. It is also made of a Phase Change Material which assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. Its only disadvantage is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs the perfect balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and the bounce (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat assists in keeping your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is so solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be very comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from the pressure, while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil has a lot of room to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable and, as an additional touch, it has an extremely thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on top. These features should help to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note that this is a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feeling of memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel, you may want to look elsewhere.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfort layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the second being a graphite-infused version that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer a soft mattress might also like the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. It’s not just that they’ll feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my recommendations based on body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of pressure relief and support to keep their spines straight, and they’ll typically find that in a mattress that is medium-firm. There are some top-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive bed that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely on coil support systems. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They make use of layers of foam to both provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop as well as Talalay latex. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Look over the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to support the sleeper overnight! A few of the most comfortable adjustable mattresses are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses which can ease different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost check out the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) are likely to have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that those who sleep light to look at the top soft mattresses to ensure that they receive the relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- Seniors (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about how to choose an appropriate mattress in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) it is essential to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas, as well as beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back And Stomach Sleepers FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this, so it’s important to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress can be prone to sagging if you don’t place it on a good foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by putting on the mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, you need to take a look at its warranty, which can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain discover the medium-firm or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. This kind of bed can help you keep your spine straight throughout the night and can ease some of the discomfort. If you are looking for a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the ideal mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger range, look through our list of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back And Stomach Sleepers