If you’re looking for a new mattress, but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back And Side Sleepers Reddit
Well, keep in mind that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what’s best for one person will not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only”the “best” mattress however, but one that is best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models through our bed lab, putting each one through tests, including pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using the seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress in this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The top-scoring mattresses are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you must look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You want something with good support, cushioning pressure relief, and quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva offers all of the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. With a durable coil-on-coil structure, it offers the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) that makes it more appealing to a wider audience.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable on Luxury as well as the Firm model, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination will likely be able to easily switch positions on any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is that its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could feel each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or the other are an eazy sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made with organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become an extremely recognizable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers can take a test on their sleep via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body, and it cradles sensitive areas like the shoulders and hips, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two people. This also causes some bounce, it shouldn’t be enough to seriously disturb either of you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes additional foam layers. Also, you can look at our other top-rated side sleeper mattresses. If you’re sold on Helix Midnight, you can purchase it here. Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is built of 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some extreme pressure relief as well as soft support around the hips and shoulders.
In addition, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the entire structure, making it a great choice for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft, they should check out the brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra alarms.
Sold on this great value mattress? Get an even better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else The Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Soft, Medium, and Firm model, so most couples should be capable of finding the bed that is right for their preferences. Each of them has sturdy edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion-isolation, preventing you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature mattress, which is made of the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) and makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. Finally, it’s worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand is able to pass savings to the consumer. This is what makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. These springs are strengthened, resulting in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end to the edge of your bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zoned support (a combination of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness 7/10, the Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. It’s got a substantial layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for back sleepers. they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from the comfort layer of memory foam infused by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow and might help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who lives an active life.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on your Bear, get our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need plenty of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain in low back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of the combination of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top of the bed. While at the same time they’ll receive a touch of comfort from the memory foam.
The memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel that prevents it from absorbing heat the way the traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy mattress, and it could be beneficial to assist in the process of the move into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an injection of Phase Change Material, a special type of fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam that, in addition to being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. Its only disadvantage is that it can be a bit slippery, so you may want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything nice and snug.
In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer the back and side sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping your spine within a neutral alignment and avoids back problems. In fact, the support is so robust that it could be an ideal option for people who sleep heavily over 250 pounds.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. Its pocketed coil layer provides plenty of room for airflow, and the comfort layer is made of what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and as an added bonus, it comes with a thin layer of cooling gel that is placed on over the top. All of these traits should assist in helping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the slower-moving feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to reconsider your options.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side, who should feel some amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips slide into the cushion of comfort.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of them are designed to keep the sleeper cool, with the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah and it’s a comfortable option for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. at 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which is used to support the sides of the bed and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress that you were looking for, you might benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type as well as age, sleep posture, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of support and pressure relief to keep their spines straight, and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. They can find some high-quality choices in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is important in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built on coil support systems. They often are firm and bouncy in feel and work well for stomach, back, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coils and foam, and their feel is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to provide cushioning and support to the sleeper. Mattresses made of memory foam are well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the most comfortable memory foam mattresses to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop or Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Combination sleepers and heavy people are often awed by these beds. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! Some of the best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
The choice of a bed that can help ease the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several different types of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable value mattress, check out the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in getting a top-quality mattress that’s worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our best mattresses under $1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite breathable beds in our list of the most comfortable cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to glance at best soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress that suits your body go to our site to find the top mattresses designed for heavy people.
- Kids are growing rapidly and changing bodies with specific requirements for sleep! Find out how you can prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for children..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have unique sleep needs, too! Learn more about how to choose the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you share a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select one that has low motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds that have impressive edges, cool features, and other needs that couples might consider.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Back And Side Sleepers Reddit FAQs
How much should I spend on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses at nearly every price point! A budget mattress is usually considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your old mattress at least every seven to ten years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it with care. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of a mattress that is old for a few months by using a mattress topper.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This kind of bed can aid in keeping your spine straight throughout the night, which can help alleviate many of the pain. If you are looking for a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping types, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re better off using mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, they’re likely to choose the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva could be good options. To get a larger choice, go through our selection of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses in this list will be a great match for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back And Side Sleepers Reddit