So you’re in the market of a mattress but have no idea where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments however, there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Back And Side Sleeper
Remember that the concept of “best” is a bit subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what works for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
This is why we kept a wide range of different categories when we made our top picks. Our goal is that all folks should be able to find not just an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
The best mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about how we came to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve reviewed more than 220 products through our bed lab, putting every mattress through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. From there, we give each mattress an overall score based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider the performance of the brand, like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the best of the best, we really considered each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support and pressure relief cushioning, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the benefits of those costly models, but at a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feel , which is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable on the Luxury as well as the Firm model while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or make you fall over. The only drawback to its springy nature is that it creates quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, particularly if one (or both) are a light sleeper.
In the end, it’s worthwhile shining the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping with dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top well-known brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers can take a test on their sleep through the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the company can suggest the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper is likely to be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body, and it cradles vulnerable areas such as the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams that provide adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb the other person or you. In addition, the firmness makes it a great mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check out the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For example it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress with a significant comfort punch without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts This memory foam mattress is built with 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This allows for ample relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time the Nectar has enough support in its high-density foam below for back sleepers, who should enjoy the medium firmness of the mattress. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of movement across the entire structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a mattress that’s super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional features and bells.
Sold on this great value mattress? Find a more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It is available in a Soft, Medium and Firm option and most couples will be capable of finding the right bed for them. Each of them has solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolationthat keeps your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should be aware of cooling when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another feature that will be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to the latex-like foam) and makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Finally, it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for a mattress that will adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels: Softer, Luxury Firm as well as Firmer. Then there’s, the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, which allows you to spread until the end of the bed.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and lots of support from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, depending on the region) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Outside of this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those who are looking for a comfortable and supportive bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, followed by a thin layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a more contouring with a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused by graphite. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Some studies show that it also promotes blood flow and might help in the recovery process. This makes the Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who is active.
If you’re looking to snuggle up on the Bear, get our top deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to ensure their spines are aligned and also get the relief from pressure to avoid pain in the lower back. They could find a great combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses an amalgamation with memory foam and poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud slightly firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little squeeze by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to help you with the move into your home (and possibly setup) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to get our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot looking for a mattress that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology that draws your body’s warmth away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an injection of Phase Change Material, a special textile which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. It also has the gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, also provides lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is well-known for the “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. It is also made of a phase change material that assists in helping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only downside is it is a little slippery, and you might need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep everything neat and secure.
For feel, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a benefit for sexual partners).
If your primary concern is staying cool, you’ll love GhostBed Luxe. GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper that has struggled with back discomfort in the past, it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a great option. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which helps keep your spine within a healthy alignment and avoids back problems. Actually the support is sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only suitable position that works with this Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel comfortable sleeping on your side. Your shoulders should sink into your bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is made with something called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely breathable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel up the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note it’s a very responsive bed and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
Think you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils to provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who will feel amazing pressure relief as their shoulders and hips sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s important to note that the comfort section is made of not only one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an airfoam ice stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the former being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam used in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also an ideal choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of comfort and support we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you weren’t able to find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based on body type, age, sleep positions, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate balance of support and pressure relief to keep their spines in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm bed that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I recommend these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a moderate firmness, such as those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are built upon coils to support. They usually feature a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support and their feeling is different. Take a look at the best hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They make use of layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Look over the top mattress made of memory foam to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed using environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Take a look at the top latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to help sleepers throughout the night! The best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our roundup of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that helps mitigate the pain is crucial for those who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest looking into the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price, take a look at the best mattresses for the money.
- If you’re on a strict budget, take a look at our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 and the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with a latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low in the night.
- My top breathable beds in our list of top cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 pounds) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with extra support to prevent premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress that is suitable for your body, visit our page for best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Kids are growing rapidly and evolving bodies that have specific sleeping needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide support and mobility, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our top mattresses for older adults to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs too! Find out more about selecting an appropriate mattress in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a Partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to select an option that is low in motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the top couples’ mattresses for a few examples and beds with impressive edges, cool features and other requirements that couples might take into consideration.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back And Side Sleeper FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that’s under $1,000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the life of a mattress some time by using a mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty, which can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back discomfort?
The majority of people with back pain find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night and can ease some of the pain. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the most support. This is why they’re advised to choose a bed that’s reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses in this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. To get a larger selection, they can always check out our roundup of the best sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers fall on the other side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. A majority of the mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for side sleepers especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back And Side Sleeper