You’re looking to buy a brand new bed but have no idea where to begin. There are plenty of options available at brick and mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the realm of digital bed-in-a-box brands. So , what’s the ideal bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Back And Neck Problems
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” is somewhat subjective. Different sleepers require different characteristics from their bed, so what is effective for one individual might not be suitable for someone else.
That’s why we made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when making our top picks. Our hope is that most users will be able discover not only an “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the details of each bed, we’d like to share an overview of how we came to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every mattress through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using the seismometer. Then, we assign every bed an overall score according to the materials used, comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like warranty and value.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list is rated 4 out of 5 or higher. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which were awarded an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable to a wide range of sleepers. It is also available in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on the Luxury and Firm versions, while those who sleep on their sides should prefer using the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to switch positions on any of the models, due to the Saatva’s soft blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model specially designed for heavier sleepers.
Another added bonus of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to lie down or sit close to the edge of the mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to slide off. The only downside to its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could be able to feel each other’s movements during the night, especially if one or both of you is a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping near harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now an extremely notable names in the mattress industry because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take the body type, sleep preferences, as well as other aspects into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight — an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides because that’s the place they put the most pressure when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a excellent mattress for couples who sleep side-by-side. Because it’s a hybrid mattress, there’s a layer of pockets beneath the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 persons. Although this can cause a tiny bit of bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to either of you. In addition, the firmness makes it an ideal mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. It’s also possible to take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example it’s the Nectar mattress is a great quality mattress that packs a powerful comfort punch without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made of 5″ of soft mattress made of gel. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring that can work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel extreme pressure relief as well as cushions at the shoulders and hips.
At the same time, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for those who sleep on their backs, and will appreciate the moderate level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great pick for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft, they should check out this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for them. All of the options have strong edges (which makes the bed appear bigger) and solid motion-isolation, preventing your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when shopping for the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in the cushion layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another feature that will attract lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings onto the customer. This is what makes it possible to make the Signature (and any of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that’s still an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over), then you need a mattress that will comfortably support you. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the end of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers gentle pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its pocketed coil support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and firmer foams, depending on the location) to ease discomfort and pain, particularly for back pain.
Apart from this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers maintain a cool temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s likely to be plenty of support for back sleepers, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from a cushion of comfort foam filled by graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. It makes Bear an ideal choice for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with the Bear, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines neutrally aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure to avoid pain at the lower back. They may find a winning combination in the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation consisting of poly foam and pocketed coils.
The materials used make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top bed. In addition they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel which prevents it from storing heat the way traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to opting for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be beneficial to assist you in moving it into your house (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Have you bought your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will help cool you down at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the best choice you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology that draws body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the touch. It also comes with an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is well-known by the “Ghost Ice” cover for some of its mattresses. Additionally, it is made from the Phase Change Material, it aids in ensuring that with keeping the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the feel. The only drawback is that it can be a bit slippery, which is why you may need to put sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it nice and snug.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and should offer those who sleep on their sides and backs an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here for the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who’s had problems with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It blends soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that aids in keeping the spine balanced alignment and avoids back problems. In fact the support is so solid that it can be a good option for heavy sleepers over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in this Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the bed and give you some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel supported.
Additionally, hot sleepers should be comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The pocketed coil offers plenty of space to allow airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated design is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these features will aid in keeping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of that quicksand feeling then you might want to consider a different bed.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Find us here to get our lowest price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, this Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for the perfect blend of support and comfort. In general, we’d say it’s on the soft side and scored a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for the sake of context, the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that the Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers, who should feel some incredible pressure relief when their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is comprised of not just one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of them are specifically designed to keep sleepers at a comfortable temperature, with the latter being a graphite-infused variant that is a modified version of Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may enjoy the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort you mentioned, but they’ll be able stretch out due to the bed’s exclusive HDMax Eco Coils. With a height of 8′ they are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up on the edges of the mattress, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based on your body type, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and they’ll typically find that in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality options in the best mattresses for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out why this is essential in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. Check out our top innerspring mattresses for more information.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of coil and foam support, and their feel varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most well-known kind of all-foam mattress which offers a wide range of body-contouring and pressure relief. Look over the top memory foam mattresses to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed from green Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and bouncey. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Look over the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper overnight! Some of the most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our review of the best air mattresses.
The choice of a bed that can help ease pain is especially important sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with kinds of pain. Depending on what you need, I’d recommend looking at the most suitable pillows for shoulders, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting value mattress, take a look at the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for a mattress that sleeps cool I would suggest you go with one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid, or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our list of top cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lb) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that for these sleepers to take a review of the top soft mattresses to ensure that they have the pressure relief they need.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are usually important concerns. To learn how to choose a mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s health and sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our top mattresses for older adults to find a feel that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have their own sleep needs, as well! Find out more about selecting the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you share a bed with a companion (or pet! ), it’s important to choose an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples for a few examples including mattresses that offer exceptional edge support, cooling features and other requirements that couples may consider.
- Couples in search of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy can check out our guide for beds that are responsive and comfortable enough to allow you to get close.
Top Mattress For Back And Neck Problems FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses to be found at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress at least at least every seven to ten years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t place it on a good foundation or treat it with care. You can also extend the lifespan of a mattress several months by adding an mattress topper.
Whenever you’re buying a new bed, it’s important to check its warranty. This can also give you a good idea of the length it should last.
What is the most comfortable mattress to relieve back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is ideal for them. The type of mattress you choose will help you keep your spine straight overnight as well as help ease many of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which can help with your specific back pain, look through our top back mattresses. pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re best off with mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re looking at the mattresses in this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. If they want a wider range, check out our roundup of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they usually prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be ideal for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back And Neck Problems