So you’re in the market of a mattress but don’t know what to look for. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments and other establishments, but there are a lot more rumbling around in the world of digital bed-in-a-box brands. What’s the most suitable mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Back And Hip Pain 2020
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of different categories when we made our top choices. We hope that the majority of people will be able to find not just the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s the best fit for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed we’d like to tell you an overview of the method we used to select them.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattress models in our mattress lab. We’ve put every one of them through tests such as pressure-mapping and measuring motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories such as value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent among the top, we took each bed’s overall score into account. Each mattress in this list is rated 4/5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you must find a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that aren’t going to be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva has all the benefits of those costly models, but for an affordable cost. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil design, it features a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Luxury Firm, Soft Luxury Firm, and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach and back sleepers will be most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions, while side sleepers should enjoy more of the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers will likely be able to easily switch positions on any of the models due to the Saatva’s soft combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for heavier sleepers.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress without feeling like it’s about to fall down or make you fall over. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it creates an extremely high amount of motion transfer which means that if you sleep with your partner, you might feel each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made from Organic cotton as well as foams which are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have to worry about sleeping with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be among the top notable names in the mattress game because of its customization. Customers are able to take a sleep test through the Helix website that takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be pointing towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers the feeling of a hug. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles delicate areas like hips and shoulders, which is crucial for those who sleep on their sides since this is where they place the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be happy with this combination of support and comfort.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Because it’s a hybrid mattress with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. This also causes a tiny bit of bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to cause any major disturbance to you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a good mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side looking for a bit more plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes extra foam layers. Also, you can take a look at other of our best-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs ands, or even buts about it — mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example, the Nectar mattress is an excellent quality mattress that packs a powerful quality of sleep without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is built by using 5″ of soft Gel memory foam. This allows for ample comfort and a deep body contour that could work wonders for those who sleep on their sides. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
However, the Nectar provides enough support with its foam with high density below for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion across the structure which makes it an ideal option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about the brand’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Have you bought this bargain mattress? Find a better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with a partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples require. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm option which means that most couples will be able to find the bed that is right for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which make the bed feel larger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every twist and turn.
Couples must also consider cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam that is in the comfort layer. Additionally, it has a hybrid design with springs that have room for a lot of airflow.
Another trait that should attract lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sex. Also, it’s important to note the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company can pass on savings onto the customer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that’s still an excellent, premium feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds and above) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can comfortably support you. The WinkBed is available with four levels of firmness: Softer, Luxury Firm, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is made of reinforced steel coils specifically designed for people who weigh more. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support permitting you to spread to the edge in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction provides mild pressure relief from its quilted pillow-top layer and lots of support thanks to its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zoned support (a mixture of soft and firmer foams, based on the location) to ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically in your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed from eco-friendly Tencel and the coils allow for an abundance of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier maintain a cool temperature through the entire night.
Does this sound like the mattress you’ve always wanted? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our scale of firmness, the Bear should appeal to folks who are looking for a comfortable and supportive mattress. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density support foam on the bottom. It is over which is a lighter layer of responsive transition foam.
There’s likely to be sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a shape from the comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated by graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does the mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help with recovery. It makes Bear the perfect choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re ready to curl up with your Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at the lower back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress made up of the combination with memory foam and poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time, they’ll get a little touch of comfort by the foam memory.
The memory foam has cooling gel in the form of an infusion, keeping it from trapping heat the way traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to help you with getting it in your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are looking for a mattress that can help keep you cool at night then the GhostBed Luxe could be the one you’re looking for. This mattress features cooling technology that draws body heat away from the sleeper.
The first is an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeping person and feels cool to the feel. It also has an underlying layer of gel memory foam, which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic as a brand GhostBed is famous by its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority of its mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. Its only disadvantage is that it is a little slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it nice and snug.
For feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balance of comfort and support. It’s also a fantastic choice for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is maintaining coolness, you’ll be delighted with this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It is a combination of soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which aids in keeping the spine neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is so robust that it could be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The mattress should be comfortable sleeping on your side. The shoulders ought to sink down into the bed and let you enjoy some relief from the pressure, and your hips should feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home in the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should assist in helping the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel like memory foam. If you’re a lover of the feeling of a quicksand, you may want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that you’ll be able to use the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils that provide a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the soft side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel amazing pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth noting that this comfort section is composed of not one, but two layers of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers, and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are specifically designed to keep sleepers cool, with the second being a graphite-infused variation from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the flagship mattress of the brand.
Back sleepers who like an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah and it’s an ideal choice for couples. Not only will they experience the mix of support and comfort that we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. at 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech support foam, which is used to support the sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been searching for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Here are some of my suggestions based upon your body type as well as age, sleep posture, managing pain, and much more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their hips and shoulders. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and usually, that’s in the middle-firm range of mattresses. You can find high-end alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned in a straight line with the shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best stomach mattresses sleepers.
- Combination sleepers usually prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with a medium-firm feel, like those in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They typically feature a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. You can check out our best innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their comfort varies widely. Check out the best hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that provide cushioning and support to the sleeping person. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncey. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Take a look at the most popular latex mattresses for more on this natural material.
- Air mattresses use air to help sleepers overnight! A few of the best adjustable mattresses are the most advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of the best air mattresses..
Selecting a mattress that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options that could help with several kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing, I’d recommend looking at the top mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or best mattresses for sciatica articles to learn more about pain management solutions.
- If you want a durable quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re more interested in finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the money.
- If you’re on a tight budget, take a look at our top mattresses for under $1000 and the best mattresses under $500.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 lbs) are likely to discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I would suggest that these sleepers take a glance at top soft mattresses to ensure they have the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) require a mattress that offers an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. For more information on how to select the right mattress for your body type go to our site for the best mattresses for people who are heavy..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- For seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional mattresses that offer mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teens are still growing and they have specific sleeping needs as well! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our best mattresses for teenagers.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I suggest taking a look at the best mattresses for couples to get some ideas and beds with impressive edge support, cooling options, and other needs that couples could consider.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattress for sex should look through our guide to mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Back And Hip Pain 2020 FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this and it’s crucial to take your personal budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is usually considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-sized.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may sag prematurely if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the life of a mattress that is old for a few months by putting on the mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s important to look over its warranty, which will give you an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for their back. This type of bed will help you keep your spine straight overnight, which can help alleviate some of the discomfort. If you’re looking for a mattress which will ease your back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. With that in mind, they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses in this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive selection, they can always check out our roundup of the top sleeping mattresses designed for stomachs.
What’s the most comfortable mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum to stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer soft beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning to their shoulders and hips. Many of the mattresses listed here should be ideal for those who sleep on their sides especially Helix Midnight. Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back And Hip Pain 2020