If you’re looking of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds of others circulating in the world of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Back Ache
Remember that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different types of sleepers require different features of a mattress, and what’s best for one person might not be suitable for someone else.
We have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to get not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the in-depth details of each bed We’d like to talk a little bit about the process we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products in our mattress lab, putting each one through tests such as pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider quality of the mattress with categories like value and warranty.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the best among the top, we looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 out of 5 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an amazing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support and pressure relief cushioning, and high-quality mattress materials that don’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of the more costly models, but for a more affordable price. It is constructed with a strong coil-on-coil structure, it offers an innerspring-like feeling that is an ideal fit for a variety of sleepers. It also comes with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm), which further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers should be the most comfortable on Luxury and Firm versions. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. As for combination sleepers, they’ll likely be able to quickly change positions on any of the models, thanks to the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. The Saatva has even got an HD model specially designed for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils give the bed an exceptional edge support. It should be possible to sit on or sleep close to the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s about to fall down or cause you to fall off. The only drawback to the Saatva’s springiness is that it causes quite a lot of motion transfer, meaning that if you sleep with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either or both of you is the type of sleeper who is light.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s high-quality materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t have to worry about sleeping with harmful chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has become one of the most notable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers can take a sleep quiz through the Helix website, which takes their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into account so that the company can suggest the best mattress for them.
If you’re a sleeper on the side, it’s likely that you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight — a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam contours to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers must also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pockets beneath the foams, which creates enough support for two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s not enough to cause any major disturbance to the other person or you. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. Also, you can check out more of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. If you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get the best price right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There are no ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be incredibly expensive. But that doesn’t mean you must spend a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. For instance it’s the Nectar mattress is a great bargain with a significant relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts This memory foam mattress is made by using 5″ of plush gel memory foam. This provides ample sinkage and deep body-contouring which can be beneficial for side sleepers. They should also feel some intense pressure relief and cushions at the shoulders and hips.
In addition it is also a good choice for back sleepers. Nectar offers enough support thanks to its high-density foam below the back, which are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. Additionally, the memory foam is able to absorb a lot of motion across the entire structure, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Sold on this great value mattress? You can get a much better deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you share a bed with someone else and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples need. It comes in a Medium, Soft, and Firm model which means that most couples will be able to find the right bed for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from being a victim of your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also take cooling into consideration when looking for the best mattress for them, since two bodies emit much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that have room for lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers are the signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) and makes it a great mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings on to customers. This makes Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and every one of the other products by the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has an appealing, high-quality feel.
If you think that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 pounds or more) is the case, you’ll need a mattress that’s going to provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes in four different levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then, the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils that are designed to support heavier people. The strengthened springs result in a stronger edge support, permitting you to spread to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some mild pressure relief from the quilted top layer of its pillow and ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zones of support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease backaches and muscle pains, specifically on your back.
Apart from it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool sleeping. It has a breathable cover constructed out of sustainable Tencel and the coils provide plenty of airflow. This should help heavier sleepers keep a low temperature through the entire night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and comfortable bed. This comes from a thick layer of high-density support foam at the bottom, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be more than enough support here for back sleepers, and they’ll also get a little shape from a comfortable layer of memory foam that’s coated with graphite gel. This makes the mattress cool, as does a covering made of breathable, light material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only noteworthy characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow and could aid in the recovery process. The Bear an ideal choice for athletes or anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl up on your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers tend to need a lot of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite pressure relief to prevent pain at low back. They could find a great combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of an amalgamation of memory foam, poly foam as well as pocketed coils.
These materials make the DreamCloud just a little more firm than a medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel like they’re on top mattress. While at the same time, they’ll get a little bit of a hug by the foam memory.
Speaking of which, the memory foam has an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like the traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you do end up going for the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s a very heavy bed, so it might be a good idea to assist you in moving it into your home (and perhaps setting it up) after it’s arrived.
Have you bought you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a fan of hot sleep and are seeking a bed that will help cool you down at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw body heat away from sleepers.
In the beginning, there’s an infusion of Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeper and feels cool to the skin. It also comes with the gel memory foam, which as well as being cooling, offers lots of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is famous for the “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on many their mattresses. Also made with a Phase Change Material which assists in helping to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, so you may need to put a fitted sheet on your bed to keep it neat and secure.
In terms of feel In terms of comfort, it’s a great choice for those who want to feel. GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give side sleepers and back sleepers the perfect balance of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past, this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It blends soft top foams and supportive steel coilsthat aids in keeping your spine within a balanced alignment and prevents back issues. Actually the support is so sturdy that it might also be a great option for heavy sleepers over 250 pounds.
But it’s not the only option that works with the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into your bed and allow you to get some refreshing pressure relief and your hips should are supported.
Hot sleepers will feel right at home on this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design offers plenty of space for airflow, and the comfort layer is constructed from what’s called Airscape foam. Its aerated shape is extremely comfortable and, as an additional feature, it features a thin coating of cooling gel on top. All of these features will aid in keeping to keep the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting that this is a responsive bed that doesn’t offer the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re fond of the feeling of a quicksand it might be a good idea to look elsewhere.
Think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Shop here for our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
It’s a hybrid mattress, and it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side with a score of 6/10 on our firmness scale (for an example the medium-firm range is 6.5/10). This means that this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders sink into the comfort layer.
It’s important to note that this section of comfort is comprised of not just two, but one layer of foam: 2inches of ArcticTex fibers and an AirFoamICE stretch. Both of these materials are made to keep the user comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused version from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah, plus it’s also a comfortable option for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able to stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco Support Coils. At 8” tall the springs are encased in Edge-Tech support foam, which supports both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really amazing edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my recommendations based on your body type as well as age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion the pressure points on their shoulders and hips. We have compiled a list of the best mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of support and pressure relief to ensure their spines remain in a straight line, and typically, they’ll find this in the middle-firm range of mattresses. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress that back sleepers can get in this roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that will keep their hips aligned with their shoulders. Find out why this is important in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are simple to move about and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They often have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses use a mix of foam and coil support and their comfort differs widely. Take a look at the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t include any coil support. They use layers of foam to cushion and help the sleeping person. Memory foam mattresses are a popular type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and pressure relief. Check out the most comfortable memory foam mattress to learn more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are typically constructed from green Dunlop and Talalay latex foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. Heavy people and sleepers in combination are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more information on this natural material.
- Air mattresses utilize air to support the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are air mattresses that have advanced technology. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on your needs, I’d recommend looking at the best mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to know more about pain management solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the best cheap mattresses.
- If you’re looking at finding a high-quality bed which is worth the price consider looking at the best mattresses for the price.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I would suggest you go with an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be important to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) typically discover mattresses that are firmer than average weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to look at the best soft mattresses to ensure they get the pressure relief they need.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) require a mattress with an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. For more information on how to select the best mattress for your body type check out our website for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Children are rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for kids..
- For seniors (over 65) typically prefer traditional mattresses that offer flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I’d recommend taking a look at our best mattresses for older adults to find a feel that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ) It is important to pick an option that is low in motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples, as well as beds with impressive edges, cool options as well as other features that couples could be thinking about.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattress for sex should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough for getting close.
Top Mattress For Back Ache FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no clear answer to this but it’s essential to take your own budget into consideration. There are plenty of fantastic mattresses available in every price range! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is typically considered one that costs less than $1,000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may be prone to sagging if you don’t put it on a suitable foundation or treat it roughly. You can also extend the lifespan of an old mattress for a few months by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, you need to look over its warranty. This can also give you an idea of the length it should last.
What is the best mattress to relieve back pain?
The majority of people with back pain discover that a medium or firm mattress is ideal for those with back pain. The type of mattress you choose will aid in keeping your spine straight during the night, which can help alleviate many of the back pain. To find a mattress that will help you with your particular back pain, look through our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the most support. In this regard, they’re best off with mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses listed on this list it’s those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive choice, look through our list of the best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the opposite side of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. While they require some support, they tend to prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses in this list will be a great match for side sleepers, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Back Ache