So you’re in the market of a mattress but aren’t sure where to begin. Not only are there choices to be found at brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling in the realm of online bed-in-a box brands. So what’s the best mattress for 2022? Top Mattress For Athletes Canada
Keep in mind that the term “best” is a bit subjective. Different people require different things of a mattress, and what works for one person will not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of subjects in our mind while presenting our top choices. We hope that the majority of folks should be able to get not only the “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s best for them.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we get into the nitty gritty of each bed We’d like to talk some details about the process we used to choose the beds.
Here at Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 mattresses through our bed lab, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using seismometer. We then give each bed an overall rating according to the materials used as well as comfort, support edge support, and cooling. We also factor in the performance of the brand, such as value and warranty.
Since we wanted our roundup of Best Mattresses to represent the best out of them, we really considered each bed’s overall score into account. Every mattress on this list has an overall score of 4 or more. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, you should find a mattress that can tick all the boxes. You’ll want a mattress that offers good support as well as pressure relief that cushions and high-quality materials that won’t be able to break down as quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of costly models, but for lower costs. With a durable coil-on-coil construction, it has the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for a variety of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that increases its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model, while side sleepers will appreciate using the Plush Soft model. For those who sleep in combination you’ll be able to easily shift positions with any model, thanks to the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. There’s even an HD model designed specifically for those who sleep heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils offer the mattress exceptional edge support. You should be able to sit on or sleep near the edge of the mattress without fearing that it’s going to collapse or cause you to slide off. The only drawback to this springy mattress is the fact that it creates fairly high motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with an individual, you could sense each other’s movements at night, particularly if one or both of you is an eazy sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made of natural cotton, and is CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need be concerned about sleeping in a room with toxic chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test on the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and other factors into consideration so that the brand can recommend the ideal mattress.
If you’re a side sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides an enveloping feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most pressure when sleeping. Back sleepers should also be satisfied with this combination of comfort and support.
It’s a great mattress for couples. Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. Since it’s a hybrid that has a layer of pockets of coils that are encased beneath the foams, which creates sufficient support to accommodate two persons. While this also results in some bounce, it’s unlikely to be enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Additionally, the mattress’s responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a sleeper on the side who wants some extra plush pressure relief, I’d suggest checking for Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress which comes with extra foam layers. You can also look at our other top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re sold on this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or even buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. However, that doesn’t mean you need to shell out a lot just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy with a significant relaxation punch, without costing you a fortune.
Currently priced at under $1,000 for a Queen after discounts, this memory foam bed is constructed of 5″ of plush Gel memory foam. This provides ample relaxation and body contouring that could work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. You should also feel immense pressure relief and cushiony support at the hips and shoulders.
At the same time, the Nectar provides enough support with its high-density foam below the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. The best part is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the structure, making it a great pick for couples. If you’re in the market for a bed that is super soft and would like to know more about Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much better bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples need. It is available in three different sizes: Soft, Medium and Firm version and most couples will be in a position to find the right bed for their preferences. All models have solid edges (which make the bed feel bigger) and solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every turn and toss.
Couples should also be aware of cooling when looking for an appropriate mattress, because two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. However, this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Additionally, it has an innovative design that incorporates springs that allow for a lot of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it up to latex-like foam) that makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex. Also, it’s important to note that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own factory, so the brand is able to pass savings onto the customer. This means that it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) a budget-friendly mattress for couples, but one that still has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavy sleeper (250 lb and over) and you’re looking for a mattress that’s going to comfortably support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes with four levels of firmness that include Luxury Firm, Softer firmer, Luxury Firm, and then the Plus, which is made with reinforced steel coils designed for heavier folks. These strengthened springs also result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out to the very end in the mattress.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some gentle pressure relief from its pillow-top quilted layer as well as ample firmness from its pocketed coil support layer. It also provides zoned support (a combination of soft and more firm foams, based on the area) to help ease discomfort and pain, particularly on your back.
In addition to it being the WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it will be extremely cool-sleeping. The cover is breathable and made out of sustainable Tencel, and the coils allow for plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier keep a low temperature all night long.
Do you think this is the mattress you’ve always wanted? Get the best price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
At a 7/10 on our firmness scale, the Bear will appeal to those in search of a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam in the middle, over which is a lighter layer of a flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s infused with graphite gel. This keeps the mattress cool, and so does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material known as Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable feature of Celliant. Some studies show that it can also improve blood flow, which could help in the recovery process. It makes Bear a great fit for anyone who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re looking to snuggle in Bear Bear, get our most affordable deal right here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers typically require a lot of support to ensure their spines are aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that combines the combination of memory foam, poly foam and pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud slightly firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re on top of the mattress. While at the same time they’ll receive a squeeze from the memory foam.
In addition, the memory foam comes with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat like traditional memory foam. And the bed’s coils make enough space to allow for plenty of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud Be aware that it’s quite a heavy bed, so it may be beneficial to assist in the process of moving it into your house (and maybe even setting it up) when it arrives.
Are you sold on the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here for our best price.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will keep you cool at night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the one that is right for you. This mattress features cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special textile that absorbs heat from the sleeper and feels cool to the feel. It also comes with a layer of gel memory foam which, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of comfort and cushioning.
Another cool feature that is noteworthy: As a brand, GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. Additionally, it is made from a Phase Change Material that helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only drawback is that it could be slippery, and you might prefer sheets that are fitted to your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of comfort in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also an excellent choice for couples because of its excellent motion absorption as well as its bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your main concern is staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to get the most affordable price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper that has struggled with back pain in the past this Casper Wave Hybrid is a good alternative. It combines soft top foams with supportive steel coils, which assists in keeping the spine balanced position and helps prevent back pain. Actually the support is so robust that it could be a great option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But back-sleeping isn’t the only position that is suitable to sleep in the Casper Wave Hybrid. It should also feel very at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and let you enjoy some refreshing pressure relief while your hips feel comfortable and supported.
Hot sleepers will feel comfortable with the Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s called Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and, as an additional touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on the top. All of these traits should help the Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s important to note the fact that it’s a responsive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel of memory foam. If you’re a lover of that quicksand feeling then you might want to look elsewhere.
Are you thinking that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and aches? Check out our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
As a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a layer of coils that provide an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say it’s on the softer side and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context, medium firm is 6.5/10). This makes the Nolah Evolution an especially good option for those who sleep on their sides who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their shoulders and hips are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that the comfort section is made of not one, but two layers of foam: 2” of ArcticTex fibers and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the former being a graphite-infused variant from the first Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like mattresses that are soft might enjoy the Nolah as it’s a comfy choice for couples. They’ll not only experience the mix of support and comfort we talked about, they’ll also be able stretch out thanks to the bed’s patent-pending HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up on the edges of the bed and also the middle. That means Nolah Evolution has a great edge support. Nolah Evolution has some really outstanding edge support.
Are you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you couldn’t find the mattress that you liked then you could benefit from one of our more specific mattress guides. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon body type, age, sleep position, and the management of pain, among other things.
- Side sleepers do best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that help cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Check out our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers need an appropriate level of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress for back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Learn more about why that’s crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Sleepers who are prone to combination prefer mattresses that are easy to move around on and switch positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a mattress that is bouncy and has a a medium-firm feel, like those in our top mattresses for combo sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel and work well for back, stomach, and combination sleepers. We have a list of our top innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of coil and foam support, and their feel is different. Find the most popular hybrid mattresses to find out more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They use layers of foam to both cushion and support the sleeper. Memory foam mattresses are a favored type of all-foam mattress that offer a lot of body-contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often constructed using eco-friendly Dunlop and Talalay latex. They are naturally cool and bouncy. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the best latex mattresses to learn more about this natural material.
- Air mattresses make use of air to provide support to the sleeper all night! The best adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Learn more in our review of the top air mattresses..
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces the pain is crucial for those who live with chronic pain. I’ve compiled a list of mattress options which can ease kinds of pain. Based on your needs I’d suggest looking into the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain or the best sciatica mattresses articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you are looking for a long-lasting quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the top mattresses for cheap.
- If you’re looking at finding a bed of high-end quality that’s worth the price check out the best mattresses for the cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, see our top mattresses that cost less than $1000 as well as the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for mattresses that are cool to sleep on I suggest one of the following: mattress made of latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. These beds tend to promote the circulation of air, and this is crucial for keeping the temperature at a minimum in the night.
- You can see my favorite mattresses that breathe in our roundup of best cool mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers who are light (under 130 lb) will often have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend these sleepers take a review of the best soft mattresses to ensure they receive the relief they require.
- Sleepers who are heavy (over 1 lb) require a mattress that provides additional support to avoid premature mattress sagging. Overall durability and edge support are usually important concerns. To find out how to pick a mattress for your body type go to our site for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep in our top mattresses for children..
- Seniors (over 65) generally prefer more traditional feeling mattresses that offer mobility and support, but are still gentle on sensitive joints. I suggest looking at our best mattresses for seniors to find one that is suitable for you.
- Teenagers are growing at a rapid rate, and they have specific sleep needs, too! Find out more about selecting a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sleeping with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a spouse (or pet! ) It is important to choose one that has low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the best mattresses for couples for some examples including beds that have impressive Edge support and cooling options, and other needs that couples might take into consideration.
- Similarly, couples in search of the best mattresses for sex should check out our guide for mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Athletes Canada FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your budget into consideration. Thankfully, there are great mattresses at nearly every price point! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
How often should I replace my mattress?
In general, it is recommended to replace your mattress every 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t put it on a suitable foundation or care for it in a rough way. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for some time by putting on an mattress topper.
When you purchase a brand new bed, you need to take a look at the warranty. It can also give you a good idea of how long it will last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Many people suffering from back pain will find the medium-firm or firm mattress is the best choice for those with back pain. This kind of bed can assist you in keeping your spine straight overnight and can ease many of the pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, look through our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers need the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses that are reinforced with pocketed coils. If they’re considering the mattresses listed on this list, the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva might be viable options. For a more expansive range, go through our selection of the top mattress for stomach-sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are on the other end of the spectrum of stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they generally prefer mattresses with softer cushions (or medium-firm) that have a lot of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses on this list should be an ideal fit for those who sleep on their sides especially those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Athletes Canada