You’re looking of a mattress but don’t know where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more swirling within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best bed for you in 2022? Top Mattress For Athlete
Remember that the word “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different sleepers require different characteristics of a mattress, and what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
We made sure to keep a broad range of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our hope is that most people will be able to discover not only the “best” mattress and not just the one that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our best mattresses of 2022 are:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we dive into the nitty gritty of each of these beds, we’d like to share a little bit about the method we used to choose these beds.
At Scaramouch, we’ve reviewed more than 220 mattress models within our lab for mattresses, putting every one of them through tests like pressure mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating in accordance with the material as well as comfort, support cooling, and edge support. We also consider brand performance with categories like warranty and value.
Because we wanted our list of Best Mattresses to represent the top out of them, we really took each bed’s overall score into consideration. Each mattress on this list is rated 4/5 or higher. The most highly-scored mattresses are Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both of which scored an astonishing 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When you are looking for a high-end mattress, it’s important to choose a mattress that ticks all the right boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support as well as pressure relief that cushions and quality materials that aren’t going to break down too quickly.
The Saatva provides all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil structure, it offers a traditional innerspring feel , which is an ideal fit for all types of sleepers. It also comes in three different firmness levels (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm, and Firm) that further widens its appeal.
Back and stomach sleepers are likely to be the most comfortable with the Luxury as well as the Firm model. While those who sleep on their sides should prefer more of the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper, they’ll likely be able to easily shift positions with any of the models because of the Saatva’s springy combination of support and comfort. The Saatva has even got an HD model designed specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva is that its coils give the bed exceptional edge support. You’ll be able to lie down or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to collapse or cause you to fall off. The only issue with the Saatva’s springiness is that it results in quite a lot of motion transfer, so if you’re sleeping with your partner, you might be able to feel each other’s movements during the late at night, particularly if either (or both) are a light sleeper.
It’s also worth shining a the spotlight on Saatva’s top-quality products. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you won’t have be concerned about sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix has grown to be an extremely recognizable brands in the mattress market due to its flexibility. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website, which takes the body type, sleep preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the most ideal mattress.
If you’re a side-sleeper, it’s likely that you’ll be directed towards the Helix Midnight, a medium-firm mattress that offers a hug-like feel. The comfort layer of foam conforms to the body and cradles sensitive areas like the hips and shoulders, which is vital for people who sleep on their side since this is where they place the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should be content with this mix of comfort and support.
The Helix Midnight is also a great mattress for side-sleeping couples. Since it’s a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. This also causes the slightest amount of bounce, it’s not enough to disturb either of you. Plus, the responsiveness makes it a great mattress for sex.
If you’re a side sleeper who needs a little more pressure-relief, you should check into Helix Midnight Luxe. Helix Midnight Luxe mattress, which includes more foam layer. Also, you can take a look at other of our top-rated mattresses for side sleepers. Or, if you’re convinced by this mattress, the Helix Midnight, get our lowest price here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses can be extremely expensive. But that doesn’t mean that you must spend a lot to get a good night’s Zzz’s. For example Nectar mattress Nectar mattress is a great value buy that packs a powerful relaxation punch, without breaking the bank.
At present, it is priced under $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts The memory foam bed is constructed by using 5″ of soft gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of sinkage and deep body-contouring that can work wonders for sleepers who are side-sleeping. They will also feel intense pressure relief and cushiony support at the shoulders and hips.
However, the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath for back sleepers, who are likely to appreciate the moderate thickness of its mattress. What’s more is that the memory foam absorbs a ton of motion across the mattress, making it a great option for couples. If anyone is in search for a bed that is super soft you should look into Nectar Premier, the company’s Nectar Premier, which has some additional bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? Get an even more affordable deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you sleep with your partner, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes of what couples want. It comes in three different sizes: Soft, Medium, and Firm model and most couples will be capable of finding a bed that works for their needs. All models have sturdy edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping you from feeling your partner’s every toss and turn.
Couples must also be aware of cooling when choosing the best mattress for them, since two bodies produce much more heat to the body than one. This should not be a problem for the Signature, which has an naturally cool, latex-like foam in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with an innovative hybrid design, with springs that can accommodate lots of airflow.
Another characteristic that is sure to be attractive to lovers will be the bounciness of the Signature (chalk it up to latex-like foam), which makes it a good mattress for sex. It’s also worth noting the fact that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, which means that the brand can pass on savings onto the customer. This makes it possible to make the Signature (and every one of the brand’s products) an affordable mattress for couples, but one that has an excellent, premium feel.
If you believe that the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier person (250 lb and over) is the case, you’ll need an appropriate mattress that can provide enough support. The WinkBed is a great choice, as it comes with four levels of firmness including Luxury Firm, Softer as well as Firmer. Then there’s the Plus. The Plus is constructed with steel reinforced coils designed for heavier folks. The strengthened springs result in extra-strong edge support, allowing you to spread out all the way to the end in the mattress.
The WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction gives you some soft pressure relief thanks to the quilted top layer of its pillow and plenty of firm support thanks to its coil-like support layer. It also comes with zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help ease aches and pains, especially on your back.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it should be extremely cool to sleep. The cover is breathable and made of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils provide a ton of airflow. This will help those who sleep more keep a low temperature throughout the night.
Does this sound like the bed of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 score on our firmness scale it is a Bear is a good choice for those looking for a firm and supportive bed. The Bear has a dense layer of high-density foam on the bottom. It is topped by a thinner layer of flexible transition foam.
There should be plenty of support for back sleepers. they’ll also benefit from a bit of contouring from a cushion of comfort foam that’s filled by graphite gel. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a cover of breathable, lightweight material called Celliant.
But cooling isn’t the only noticeable characteristic of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can also improve blood flow and might help with recovery. The Bear an ideal choice for those who practices an active lifestyle.
If you’re eager to curl in your Bear, get our most affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require lots of support to keep their spines aligned while also getting requisite relief from pressure to avoid pain at low back. They might find a good combination with the DreamCloud, a hybrid mattress made up of a tandem of memory foam, poly foam with pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers will feel as if they’re sitting on top of the bed. At the same time they’ll receive a bit of a hug due to the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with an infusion of cooling gel, keeping it from trapping heat as traditional memory foam. The bed’s coils create space for a lot of airflow.
If you end up going for the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of moving it into your home (and possibly setup) when it arrives.
Are you sold on you’re interested in the DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top deal.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a hot sleeper in search of a bed that can help keep you cool at night The GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress for you. This mattress features cooling technology that helps draw body heat away from sleeping.
The first is the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric that draws heat away from the person sleeping and is cool to the touch. It also has the gel memory foam that, in addition to being cool, provides plenty of cushioning and pain relief.
One other notable cooling feature as a brand GhostBed is famous for its “Ghost Ice” cover on many mattress models. It is also made of the Phase Change Material which aids in ensuring that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the sensation. The only downside is it can be a bit slippery, and you might want to use a fitted sheet on your bed that keeps everything comfortable and cozy.
For feel In terms of comfort, in terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and will give the back and side sleepers the perfect combination of comfort and support. It’s also a great option for couples due to its fantastic motion absorption and bounciness (a plus for sex).
If your primary concern is keeping cool, then you’ll enjoy the GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a back or side sleeper who has had issues with back pain in the past it is recommended that the Casper Wave Hybrid is a excellent choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that assists in keeping your spine within a neutral position and helps prevent back pain. In fact, the support is so sturdy that it might also be a good option for people who sleep heavily over 250 lb.
But it’s not the only option to sleep in Casper Wave Hybrid. Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel comfortable lying on your side. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some relief from pressure and your hips should feel supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will feel right at home with this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design provides plenty of room for airflow. The comfort layer is made with what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly breathable, and as an added feature, it features an extremely thin layer of cooling gel on over the top. All of these features will aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth noting the fact that it’s a very responsive bed that doesn’t offer the slower-moving feel that memory foam provides. If you’re fond of the quicksand feel it might be a good idea to reconsider your options.
You think you’ll find that the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your aches and pains? Shop here for the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, the Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a base layer of coils for a mixture of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s on the softer side, scoring a 6/10 on our scale of firmness (for an example moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This is what makes this model Nolah Evolution an especially good choice for sleepers on the side who can expect to feel fantastic pressure relief as their hips and shoulders are sunk into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this comfort section is made of not two, but one layer of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers and an airfoam ice stretch. Both are made to keep the user comfortable, the latter being a graphite-infused version of the original Nolah AirFoam that is found in the brand’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who like a soft mattress might also enjoy the Nolah and it’s a comfy choice for couples. Not only will they feel that mixture of comfort and support you mentioned, but they’ll be able to stretch because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco-Support Coils. With a height of 8′ the springs are encased in Edge-Tech foam for support, which holds up both sides of the mattress, and also the middle. That means you can rest assured that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Is you sure that the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our mattress guides that are more specific. Here are some of my suggestions based on the type of body, age, sleep positions, pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers prefer soft to medium-firm mattress that cushions pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our best side mattresses. sleepers.
- Back sleepers require an ideal combination of pressure relief and support to ensure their spines remain in a straight line and typically, they’ll find this in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality alternatives in the top mattress to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a supportive mattress that keeps their hips in alignment with their shoulders. Find out more about why this is crucial in our top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move about and change positions on. I would suggest these sleepers stick to a mattress that is bouncy and has a an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses rely upon coils to support. They usually have a firm, bouncy feel, and are suitable for back, stomach and combo sleepers. Check out our best innerspring mattresses to find out more.
- Hybrid mattresses make use of a mixture of foam and coil support, and their feel is different. Check out the most popular hybrid mattresses to learn more.
- Foam mattresses don’t have coil support. They employ layers of foam that cushion and support the sleeper. They are the most favored type of all-foam mattress , which provide a great body contouring and pressure relief. Check out the best memory foam mattress to know more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are often made with environmentally friendly Dunlop or Talalay latex foam. They are naturally cool and bouncy. Combination sleepers and heavy people typically like these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses for more on the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to help sleepers all night! The most comfortable adjustable beds are advanced air mattresses. Get more information in our review of best air mattresses.
Choosing a sleep surface that reduces pain is particularly important for sleepers who suffer from chronic pain. I’ve chosen mattresses that could help with several different kinds of pain. Depending on what you need I’d suggest you look at the top mattresses for shoulder pain, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain, or the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to find out more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy quality mattress at a reasonable price, look into the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re interested in finding a bed of high-end quality which is worth the price consider looking at the top mattresses for your cost.
- If you’re working on a strict budget, check out our best mattresses under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re in search of mattresses that are cool to sleep on, I’d recommend opting for an innerspring, latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They are a great way to increase ventilation, which can be crucial to keep the temperature low during the night.
- Here are my top air-conditioned beds in our roundup of the most comfortable cooling mattresses.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Light sleepers (under 130 pounds) typically have mattresses that are more firm than average-weight sleepers. I’d recommend for these sleepers to take a look at the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they get the pressure relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 100 lbs) need a bed that provides additional support to avoid the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are the most important considerations. For more information on how to select the best mattress that suits your body, visit our page to find the best mattresses for heavy people.
- Children are rapidly growing and changing bodies , each with unique sleep needs! Learn how to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our top mattresses for kids..
- The elderly (over 65) generally prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide flexibility and support, yet aren’t too harsh on delicate joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for older people to find a feel that works for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have unique sleep needs, as well! Learn more about how to choose a comfortable mattress for them in our best mattresses for teens.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you have a bed to share with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to select a mattress that features low motion transfer. I would suggest looking at the most suitable mattresses for couples to get some ideas including mattresses that offer exceptional Edge support and cooling options as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the most comfortable mattresses for sexual intimacy should browse our list of mattresses that are responsive and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Athlete FAQs
What is the best price to spend on a mattress?
There’s not a definitive answer for this but it’s essential to take your own budget into account. Thankfully, there are great mattresses available at all price points! Overall, a budget mattress is generally considered to be one that’s under $1,000 for a queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your old mattress each 7-10 years. However, a mattress may fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or care for it in a rough way. It is also possible to extend the lifespan of an old mattress for several months by adding a mattress protector.
If you are buying a new bed, it’s essential to check the warranty. It will also provide you with a good idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the most comfortable mattress for back pain?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a firm or medium-firm mattress is best for them. The type of mattress you choose will assist you in keeping your spine straight throughout the night as well as help ease a lot of back pain. To find a mattress that will ease your back pain, take a look at our best mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress for stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. This is why they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list, those like the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. To get a larger selection, they can always look through our list of the most comfortable mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the ideal mattress for side sleepers?
Side sleepers are at the other side of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. Although they do require support, they usually prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) that provide plenty of cushioning for their shoulders hips. The majority of mattresses listed here should be an ideal fit for sleepers who prefer side sleeping particularly those who sleep on the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Athlete