You’re looking for a new mattress but aren’t sure where to start. There are many options that can be found in brick-and-mortar establishments, but there are hundreds more rumbling around within the realm of bed-in-a-box companies that are digital. So what’s the best mattresses for the year 2022? Top Mattress For Asthma Sufferers
Well, keep in mind that the concept of “best” isn’t always the most accurate. Different people require different things from a bed, so what is effective for one individual may not work for another.
That’s why we have a variety of categories in mind when presenting our top choices. Our goal is that all users will be able get not only an “best” mattress, but the mattress that’s most suitable for their needs.
Top Mattresses of 2022
Our top mattresses for 2022 include:
- Editor’s Pick – Saatva
- Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
- Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
- Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
- Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
- Best Firm Mattress – Bear
- Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
- Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
- Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
- Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Before we really dive into the details of each bed we’d like to tell you some details about the process we used to choose them.
At Scaramouch we’ve evaluated more than 220 products within our lab for mattresses, running every one of them through tests, including pressure-mapping and assessing motion transfer using a seismometer. Then, we assign each bed an overall rating based on materials and comfort, support, edge support, and cooling. We also consider brand performance with categories like value and warranty.
Since we wanted our compilation of Best Mattresses to represent the most excellent of the best, we really looked at each mattress’s overall score into consideration. Every last mattress listed here is rated 4 out of 5 or above. The highest-scoring beds are the Brooklyn Bedding Signature and the DreamCloud, both which have scored an impressive 4.6 out of 5.
Editor’s Pick – Saatva
When shopping for a luxury mattress, you should look for a bed that can tick all the boxes. You’re looking for a mattress with excellent support, cushioning pressure relief, and top-quality materials that aren’t going to fall apart too fast.
The Saatva has all the advantages of expensive models, but at an affordable cost. Built with a sturdy coil-on-coil design, it features the traditional innerspring feeling that is suitable for all types of sleepers. It’s also available with three different levels of firmness (Plush Soft, Luxury Firm and Firm) and further widens its appeal.
Stomach sleepers and back sleepers are likely to be most comfortable with the Luxury and Firm versions while those who sleep on their sides should prefer the Plush Soft model. If you’re a combination sleeper will likely be able to quickly change positions on any model, because of the Saatva’s springy blend of comfort and support. There’s even an HD model made specifically for sleepers who are heavier.
Another advantage of the Saatva mattress is its coils provide the mattress with exceptional edge support. You should be able to sleep or sit close to the edge of your mattress and not feel like it’s going to fall over or cause you to fall off. The only issue with its springy nature is that it causes an extremely high amount of motion transfer meaning that if you sleep with your partner, you might sense each other’s movements at late at night, particularly if either (or both) is a light sleeper.
Finally, it’s worth shining a light on some of the Saatva’s premium materials. It’s made from organic cotton and foams that are CertiPUR-US(r) Certified, so you don’t need the worry of sleeping near dangerous chemicals.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Side Sleepers – Helix Midnight
Helix is now among the top recognizable names in the mattress industry due to its customizable. Customers are able to take a sleep test via the Helix website and take their body type, sleeping preferences, and many other factors into account so that the brand can recommend the best mattress for them.
If you’re a side-sleeper most likely, you’ll be pointed toward the Helix Midnight, which is an average-firm mattress that provides a hug-like feel. The foam comfort layer contours to the body and supports delicate areas like shoulders and hips, which is essential for side sleepers because it’s where they put the most stress when they sleep. Back sleepers should also be content with this mix of support and comfort.
The Helix Midnight is also a ideal mattress for couples that sleep on their sides. As a hybrid with a mattress, it has pocketed coils below the foams, which creates adequate support for 2 people. Although this can cause some bounce, it’s not enough to seriously disturb you or your partner. Plus, the responsiveness makes it an ideal mattress for sexual sex.
If you’re a side-sleeper looking for a bit more plush pressure-relief, you should check into the Helix Midnight Luxe mattress that comes with additional foam layers. You can also check out more of our top-rated side sleeper mattresses. Or, if you’re sold on the Helix Midnight, get our best deal here!!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Affordable Mattress – Nectar
There aren’t any ifs, ands, or buts about it. Mattresses aren’t cheap. But that doesn’t mean you have to spend a fortune just to enjoy some good Zzz’s. As an example, it’s the Nectar mattress is an excellent bargain that packs a serious comfort punch without spending a lot of money.
The current price is less than $1000 for a Queen bed, after discounts, this memory foam bed is made with 5″ of luxurious Gel memory foam. This gives you plenty of relaxation and body contouring which can be beneficial for those who sleep on their sides. They will also feel intense pressure relief and soft support around the shoulders and hips.
However the Nectar offers enough support thanks to the high-density foam beneath the back, which should enjoy the medium level of firmness. What’s more is that the memory foam can withstand a great deal of motion throughout the mattress, making it a great option for couples. And if anyone’s in search of a super-soft bed you should look into this brand’s Nectar Premier, that comes with some extra bells and whistles.
Are you happy with this value mattress? You can get a much more affordable bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Couples – Brooklyn Bedding Signature
If you’re sleeping with a partner and you’re looking for a bed that’s comfortable, the Brooklyn Bedding Signature checks all the boxes on the list of what couples require. It comes in a Soft, Medium and Firm version which means that most couples will be in a position to find the bed that is right for their preferences. All of the options have solid edges (which makes the bed appear larger) and a solid motion isolation, keeping your partner from feeling every turn and toss.
Couples should take cooling into consideration when shopping for a new mattress, as two bodies produce greater body temperature than one. But this should not be a problem for the Signature model, which features the naturally cooling similar to latex in its comfort layer. Furthermore, it comes with a hybrid design with springs that have room for plenty of airflow.
Another trait that should appeal to lovebirds is the Signature’s bounciness (chalk it to latex-like foam) that makes it a good mattress for sexual sex. It’s also worth noting it’s worth noting that Brooklyn Bedding owns its own manufacturing facility, meaning that the company is able to pass savings to the consumer. This means that Brooklyn Bedding’s Signature Signature (and all of the products from the brand) a budget-friendly mattress for couples — albeit one that still has a nice, high-quality feel.
If you think the Brooklyn Bedding Signature is perfect for you, get our best bargain here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Heavy People – WinkBeds Plus
If you’re a heavier sleeper (250 pounds or more) and you’re looking for an appropriate mattress that can adequately support you. Fortunately, the WinkBed comes in four firmness levels that include Luxury Firm, Softer, Firmer, and finally the Plus, which is constructed with steel reinforced coils that are designed to support heavier people. These strengthened springs also result in stronger edge support allowing you to spread out all the way to the edge of the bed.
Its WinkBed Plus’ hybrid construction offers soft pressure relief thanks to its pillow-top quilted layer as well as plenty of firm support from its coil-like support layer. The mattress also offers zones of support (a combination of softer and more firm foams, based on the location) to help you alleviate backaches and muscle pains, specifically for back pain.
In addition to this WinkBed Plus’ heightened support and durability, it’s going to be extremely cool to sleep. It has a breathable cover constructed of eco-friendly Tencel, and the coils permit plenty of airflow. This can help sleepers who are heavier to keep their temperature at a minimum throughout the night.
Do you think this is the mattress of your dreams? Find our top deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Firm Mattress – Bear
With a 7/10 rating on our scale of firmness it is a Bear will appeal to those looking for a firm and supportive mattress. This comes from a thick layer of high-density foam at the bottom, followed by a thin layer of flexible transition foam.
There’s sufficient support for those who sleep on their backs, and they’ll also receive a bit of contouring from a comfort layer of memory foam that’s filled by graphite. This helps the mattress stay cool, as does a mattress cover made of breathable and lightweight material called Celliant.
However, it’s not the only notable aspect of Celliant. Certain studies have shown that it can increase blood flow, which could help in recovering. It makes Bear the perfect choice for those who lives an active life.
If you’re eager to curl up with the Bear, get our best deal here!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Sleepers – DreamCloud Original
Back sleepers require plenty of support to ensure their spines are aligned, while also receiving the necessary relief from pressure at low back. They might find a good combination in the DreamCloud hybrid mattress that uses a tandem consisting of poly foam, as well as pocketed coils.
These materials give the DreamCloud just a bit firmer than the medium-firm. Back sleepers should feel as if they’re on top bed. At the same time they’ll feel a bit of a hug from the memory foam.
The memory foam is infused with cooling gel in the form of an infusion which prevents it from storing heat like traditional memory foam does. The bed’s coils allow room for quite a bit of airflow.
If you decide to choosing the DreamCloud, know that it’s a very heavy mattress, and it could be a good idea to assist in the process of getting it in your home (and maybe even setting it up) once it arrives.
Sold on your DreamCloud Mattress? Click here to find our top bargain.CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Cooling Mattress – GhostBed Luxe
If you’re a sleeper who is hot in search of a bed that will to cool down during the night, the GhostBed Luxe could be the ideal mattress you’re looking for. This mattress is built with cooling technology to draw the body’s heat from sleepers.
First, there’s the infusion Phase Change Material, a special fabric which draws heat away from the sleeping person and feels cool to the skin. Additionally, it has a layer of gel memory foam which as well as being cooling, offers lots of cushioning and pain relief.
Another notable cooling characteristic is that GhostBed is a brand. GhostBed is known for its “Ghost Ice” cover that is found on the majority mattress models. Also made with a phase change material which helps to ensure that the GhostBed Luxe stay cool to the touch. The only downside is it could be slippery, which is why you may need to put an upholstered sheet over your bed to keep it comfortable and cozy.
In terms of feel, the GhostBed Luxe is medium firm and is expected to provide side sleepers and back sleepers an ideal balanced amount of support and comfort. It’s also a great option for couples because of its amazing motion absorption and its bounciness (a bonus for couples).
If you’re primarily concerned with staying cool, you’ll love this GhostBed Luxe. Click here to find the most competitive price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Mattress for Back Pain – Casper Wave Hybrid
If you’re a side or back sleeper who has had issues with back discomfort in the past, the Casper Wave Hybrid is a good choice. It combines soft top foams with sturdy steel coils that helps keep your spine in a balanced position and helps prevent back pain. In fact the support is solid that it can be an ideal alternative for those who weigh more than 250 lb.
However, it’s not the only position that is suitable for the Casper Wave Hybrid. You should feel at ease sleeping on your back. Shoulder muscles should be able to relax into the mattress and give you some refreshing pressure relief while your hips are supported.
In addition, those who sleep hot will be comfortable in this Casper Wave Hybrid. The coil’s pocketed design has a lot of room for airflow. The comfort layer is constructed from what’s known as Airscape foam. The aerated structure is highly comfortable and as an added touch, it has a thin coating of cooling gel that is placed on top. All of these traits should aid in keeping you keep your Casper Wave Hybrid sleep cool.
It’s worth pointing out the fact that it’s a receptive mattress and doesn’t have the more sluggish feel like memory foam. So if you’re a fan of the quicksand feel then you might want to consider a different bed.
You think the Casper Wave Hybrid will ease your pains and discomforts? Find us here to get the best price!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Best Hybrid Mattress – Nolah Evolution
Being a hybrid, it Nolah Evolution combines various foams with a bottom layer of coils for an optimum blend of support and comfort. Overall, we’d say that it’s a bit soft and scored a 6/10 on our firmness scale (for context moderate firm would be 6.5/10). This makes Nolah Evolution Nolah Evolution an especially good match for side sleepers who can expect to feel incredible pressure relief when their shoulders and hips slide into the comfortable layer.
It’s worth pointing out that this section of comfort is composed of not one, but two layers of foam. There’s 2 inches of ArcticTex fibers, and a stretch of AirFoamICE. Both of these materials are designed to keep the sleeper comfortable, the second being a graphite-infused variation of the original Nolah AirFoam used in the company’s flagship mattress.
Back sleepers who prefer an extra soft mattress may appreciate the Nolah as it’s an ideal choice for couples. It’s not just that they’ll experience the mix of support and comfort we mentioned — they’ll be able stretch out because of the bed’s patented HDMax Eco Coils. At 8” tall, these springs are wrapped in Edge-Tech foam that holds up both sides of the bed, and also the middle. This means that the Nolah Evolution has some really exceptional edge support.
Are you sure that it the Nolah Evolution the mattress you’ve been looking for? Click here to get our best deal!CHECK LOWEST PRICE HERE
Finding the Best Mattress for You
If you didn’t find a mattress you wanted above it, you may want to consider one of our more specific guides to mattresses. Below are a few of my suggestions based upon the type of body, age, sleep position, and pain management, and more.
- Side sleepers are best on soft to medium-firm mattresses that cushion pressure points at their shoulders and hips. Take a look at our top mattresses for side sleepers.
- Back sleepers require a good combination of pressure relief and support to keep their spines in a straight line, and usually, that’s in a medium-firm mattress. There are some top-quality choices in the best mattresses to back sleepers roundup.
- Stomach sleepers require a firm mattress that keeps their hips aligned to their shoulders. Find out why this is crucial in our best mattresses for stomach sleepers.
- Mattresses for combo sleepers are usually ones that are simple to move around and change positions on. I suggest that these sleepers adhere to a bouncy mattress with an average-firm feel, similar to the ones we have in our best combo mattresses. sleepers.
- Innerspring mattresses are based in coil systems to provide support. They typically have a firm, bouncy feel that is ideal for back, stomach, and mixed sleepers. You can check out our top innerspring mattresses to learn more.
- Hybrid mattresses are made up of a mixture of coils and foam and their feeling varies widely. Take a look at the top hybrid mattresses for more information.
- Foam mattresses do not have any coil support. They employ layers of foam to both cushion and help the sleeping person. They are the most well-known type of all-foam mattress that provide a great body contouring and relief from pressure. Check out the best mattress made of memory foam to find out more about these beds.
- Latex mattresses are usually constructed from environmentally friendly Dunlop and Talalay Latex Foam. These beds are naturally cooling and lively. People who sleep in a combination and are heavy are often awed by these mattresses. Check out the top latex mattresses to learn more about the natural substance.
- Air mattresses utilize air to provide support to the sleeper throughout the night! The most comfortable adjustable mattresses are advanced air mattresses. Find out more about them in our roundup of the the top air mattresses.
Selecting a mattress that helps mitigate pain is especially important sleepers who live with chronic pain. I’ve selected mattress options that can help you with different kinds of pain. Based on the type of pain you’re experiencing I’d suggest you look at the best mattress for pain in the shoulder, best mattresses for back pain, best mattresses for hip pain and the top sciatica-specific mattresses. articles to learn more about pain relief solutions.
- If you’re looking for a sturdy value mattress, take a look at the most affordable mattresses.
- If you’re more interested in finding a high-quality bed that’s worth the cost consider looking at the most comfortable mattresses available for the price.
- If you’re on a tight budget, check out our top mattresses for under 1,000 or the top mattresses for $500 or less.
Hot Sleepers / Cooling Technology
- If you’re looking for an ideal mattress for sleeping cool I suggest an innerspring, Latex, hybrid or innerspring mattress. They tend to encourage the circulation of air, and this is important to keep the temperature low at night.
- Here are my top breathable beds in our roundup of best mattress cooling.
Body Type & Body Weight
- Sleepers with light weights (under 130 lb) are likely to find mattresses firmer than average-weight sleepers. I’d suggest those who sleep light to review of the most comfortable mattresses to make sure they receive the relief they require.
- Heavy sleepers (over 1 lb) need a bed that provides an extra level of support to stop the mattress from sagging prematurely. Edge support and overall durability are typically the main concerns. To learn how to choose the right mattress for your body type, visit our page for top mattresses designed for those who weigh a lot..
- Kids have rapidly growing and evolving bodies that have specific requirements for sleep! Learn to prioritize your child’s sleep health in our best mattresses for kids.
- The elderly (over 65) tend to prefer more traditional-looking mattresses that provide mobility and support, but they are also gentle on joints. I would suggest taking a look at our top mattresses for seniors to find one that will work well for you.
- Teens are still growing, and they have their own requirements for sleep, too! Learn more about choosing the right mattress for them in our top mattresses for teenagers.
Sharing a bed with a partner
- If you are sharing a bed with a partner (or pet! ), it’s important to pick one that has low motion transfer. I’d recommend taking a look at the best mattresses for couples for a few examples including beds that have impressive edge support, cooling features as well as other features that couples might take into consideration.
- Also, couples looking for of the best mattresses for sex should look through our guide to beds that are supple and comfortable enough to get close.
Top Mattress For Asthma Sufferers FAQs
What should I budget on a mattress?
There’s no definitive answer here but it’s essential to take your personal budget into account. There are a variety of great mattresses available at nearly every price point! In general, a mattress that is budget-friendly is generally considered to be one priced under $1000 for a Queen-size.
When should I change my mattress?
In general, you should replace your mattress each 7-10 years. But, mattresses can fall over prematurely if it isn’t place it on a proper foundation or treat it roughly. You can also prolong the life of an old mattress for several months by putting on the mattress protector.
When you purchase a brand new bed, it’s important to take a look at its warranty, which will also provide you with an idea of how long it’s expected to last.
What is the best mattress for back stiffness?
Most people who struggle with back pain will find that a medium or firm mattress is best for those with back pain. This type of bed will aid in keeping your spine straight overnight as well as help ease a lot of pain. To find a mattress that can help with your specific back pain, take a look at our top mattresses for back pain.
What’s the best mattress to stomach sleepers?
Of all the sleeping positions, stomach sleepers require the greatest amount of support. In this regard, they’re advised to choose mattresses with reinforced pocketed coils. If they’re thinking about the mattresses on this list that include the WinkBeds Plus and the Saatva are two options that could be worth considering. For a more expansive range, check out our roundup of the top mattresses for stomach sleepers.
What’s the best mattress for sleepers on the side?
Side sleepers are at the other end of the spectrum from stomach sleepers. While they still require some support, they tend to prefer softer beds (or medium-firm) with plenty of cushioning for their hips and shoulders. The majority of mattresses listed here should be a great match for those who sleep on their sides, most notably the Helix Midnight. Top Mattress For Asthma Sufferers